CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification a candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
Who should Attend?
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as MacOS, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyse, and respond to security events and incidents.
Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
Before attending this course delegates should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. Additionally, delegates should have:
- Either attended the CompTIA Network+ course, or have equivalent knowledge or;
- Have a minimum of two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security