Digital Awareness (Teachers Workshop)
This workshop is designed to provide teachers, with current information and knowledge on the digital digest of children in each age category from the age of 3 to 17. Teachers will become familiar with the most popular apps and games and will gain insight into their functionality.
Teachers will also work with the course tutor to understand the key issues and dangers that children are likely to encounter in each age group. Teachers will be presented with strategies for dealing with these issues as they occur and will gain basic knowledge on the law relating to each issue.
Teachers will learn how to encourage open dialogue on issues such as Cyberbullying, Screen Time, Gaming Addiction and Online Pornography. Teachers will be directed to a list of useful online tools and resources to support them to deal with issues as they arise.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, parents will:
- Know the most popular apps for different age groups
- Know about the key safety features on popular apps
- Know how to have difficult conversations about topics such as online pornography
- Recognise signs of Cyberbullying
- Recognise signs of Screen Addiction
- Recognise signs of Grooming
- Understand the concept of Digital Citizenship
- Know about useful resources and tools to support them in dealing with digital
How is this workshop delivered?
This is a 1.5-hour workshop that can be delivered in-person or on-line. Upon completion teachers will have a plan of action for dealing with digital in their classroom. This course can be delivered in the evening or during school hours.