Publish Your Own Notebook
Writing a book is hard. Writing a book that people want to buy is even harder, however, publishing your own books has never been easier, thanks to Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing platform.
In this course, you’ll learn how to make and publish the simplest of books: a notebook.
For book manuscripts, Microsoft Word is the primary word processing program that authors should use and master.
In this course:
You’ll create a simple notebook insert to upload onto Amazon KDP
You’ll use a template in Canva to create a simple book cover.
You’ll use your notebook and book cover files to upload your book onto Amazon KDP and then publish it.
LESSON 1: Amazon KDP
- Requirements for publishing a book on Amazon
- Learn Amazon’s requirements for setting an account on KDP namely personal details, bank account details and tax reference (PPS number/NI number). Note, for security, you may prefer to book a 121 with the course trainer to set this up before the course date.
- Set up your own KDP account
- Amazon’s rules for publishing low content books
LESSON 2: Set up your basic book
- Set up your book size
- Set up your margins and guttering
- Save your basic book
LESSON 3: Sourcing commercial use images
- Learn the basics of copyright and images
- Identify at least three sources for licensed images that you can use
LESSON 4: Plain notebooks
- Amazon’s requirements for notebooks
- Create 3 types of plan notebooks
- Using headers to add an image to all pages in a few clicks
- Using headers to add different images to the left and right hand pages
- Add a blank single page for use with typography quotes
LESSON 5: Lined Notebooks
- Use tables to create lined pages
- Understand what bleed is in books
- Create lined notebooks with a margin
LESSON 6: Save your book insert
- Check your file settings for images
- Learn how to correctly save your MS Word document, so that it it print ready
LESSON 7: Book Covers
- Use a basic template to create your book cover
- Edit the:
- Front cover
- Back cover
- Download a print-ready copy of your cover
LESSON 8: Upload your book
- Login to KDP and start a new book
- Add the books details
- Upload your book insert and cover
- Set your pricing
- Publish your notebook
Who Should Attend:
For self-starters or people who need the tools and training to get started with self-publishing
A working knowledge of MS Word and Canva
How to self-publish your own range of journals.