Python Programming Fundamentals
Take your first steps as a programmer and learn Python language and boost your career opportunities. Python has become one of the most popular languages for software development, that can be used to build applications in exciting areas such as data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and web development.
How is it Delivered
Tutor-Led online Virtual classroom. . Flexible class times are available and can be agreed with clients to suit participants availability. Training can be delivered over a number of days, a number of weeks, morning or evenings for example:
- 1 x Day Training
Gain foundational knowledge that will help you to progress in Python programming. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Declare and perform operations on simple data types, including strings, numbers, and dates
- Declare and perform operations on data structures, including lists, ranges, tuples, dictionaries, and sets
- Write conditional statements and loops
- Define and use functions, classes, and modules
- Manage files and directories through code
- Deal with exceptions
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re relatively new to programming, or have experience in other programming languages, this course will provide you with a comprehensive first exposure to the Python programming language that can provide you with a quick start in Python, or as the foundation for further learning.
Learning Python programming language, can boost your career opportunities to job roles such as Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Machine Learning Scientist.
REIM offer more advanced Python data analytics courses, which will provide participants with progression pathways to continue build on coding skills. Coding enhances your problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are valued by employers regardless of your role or career stage.
This course is assessed through a Portfolio of Work involving a set of defined tasks. Your portfolio will bring your skills to life, proving to future employers that you can do what your CV claims that you can do. A Portfolio of Work is key to enabling you to stand out from other candidates during the candidate screening process and can act as a great frame of reference for talking points at interview stage. You will enjoy showcasing your work and will be delighted when job opportunities come around.
No prerequisites for this course. Some experience programming in an object-oriented language is helpful, but even if you don’t have such experience, this course can be useful to those that are new to programming.
1 – SETTING UP PYTHON AND DEVELOPING A SIMPLE APPLICATION
- Set Up the Development Environment
- Write Python Statements
- Create a Python Application
- Prevent Errors
2 – PROCESSING SIMPLE DATA TYPES
- Process Strings and Integers
- Process Decimals, Floats, and Mixed Number Types
3 – PROCESSING DATA STRUCTURES
- Process Ordered Data Structures
- Process Unordered Data Structures
4 – WRITING CONDITIONAL STATEMENTS AND LOOPS IN PYTHON
- Write a Conditional Statement
- Write a Loop
5 – STRUCTURING CODE FOR REUSE
- Define and Call a Function
- Define and Instantiate a Class
- Import and Use a Module
6 – WRITING CODE TO PROCESS FILES AND DIRECTORIES
- Write to a Text File
- Read from a Text File
- Get the Contents of a Directory
- Manage Files and Directories
7 – DEALING WITH EXCEPTIONS
- Handle Exceptions
- Raise Exceptions