We take your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact or use our website (“the Site”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR as of May 25th, 2018, the data controller is REIM Training Solutions Ltd whose registered office is at Unit 1A Mahon House, Moraghy Business Park, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan.
What information do we Collect?
When you use the website, we may collect Personal Information that you send to us to register for a course or make a course enquiry. Types of information that may be collected includes: your name, address and email address.
When you use the online learner management system (LMS) we receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, when setting up new users, we collect Personal Information, such as name and e-mail address, to provide them with access to the LMS portal.
Information We Automatically Collect:
When you use the Website we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our Website.
When you use the online learner management system (LMS) we keep track of user activity in relation to the types of Services our clients and their users use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to their use of the Services. Log information – we log information about our customers and their users when you use one of the Services including Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Information collected by cookies and other similar technologies – we use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to users’ computers.
For further information, please see the section below headed “Cookies and other Tracking Technologies”.
How do we use your personal data?
Where appropriate, we use your personal data:
- To provide services to you or your organisation
- For basic profiling purposes
- To let you know about other services in which you may be interested
- To inform you about changes and improvements to this website
- Analyse customers’ use of the Websites for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for a demo, to provide you with access to one of our webinar’s or whitepaper’s or to provide you with information you have requested about our services; and as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To set up a user account on the LMS portal and provide, operate and maintain the portal
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices
- Respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support
- Send customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications
- To communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “Your Rights” section below).
How do we share and disclose information to third parties?
REIM does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone.
From time to time REIM may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
When REIM holds joint events with selected partners, vendors, consultants and other service providers, we may share your information with them to perform tasks on our behalf.
These companies include (for example) our training affiliates and partners, payment processing providers (e.g., Stripe), Course booking provider (e.g., CourseCo), website analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), CRM service provider, email service providers (e.g., Mailchimp) and others.
If REIM has received your Personal Information in the EU and subsequently transfers that information to a third-party agent or service provider for processing, REIM shall remain responsible for ensuring that such third-party agent or service provider processes your Personal Information to the standard required by our GDPR commitments. Unless we tell you differently and you consent, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
REIM reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of REIM, our employees, our users, or others.
Under certain circumstances REIM may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In the case of harassment or abuse, data may be used to locate the person responsible and data forwarded to suitable authorities.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
REIM aims to protect our user’s personal information as best as we possibly can. We have implemented safety security measures to guard against the loss and abuse of any of the information our users submit to our website or any information that we store electronically and physically. We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Among other practices, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We provide you with the ability to review and change the information you submit to us by logging into the Website and entering in the relevant information yourself. You can change your personal details, password and contact information by going to the “edit profile” section of the Website after you have logged on.
Upon your written request, we will deactivate your account. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Your account will be deactivated as soon as possible after receipt of your e-mail.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications; and
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising).
We also may use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make our Services and Websites better for our users.
REIM use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, to better understand your use of our Websites and Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Websites, what pages they visit and what other sites they used prior to visiting. Google uses the data collected to track and examine the use of the website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Your Privacy Rights
You can opt not to disclose information to us, but some information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
How can I update and access my information (Exercise my Data Subject Rights)?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten – if you ask us, we will erase all data we hold;
- Right of access – you have the right to request all of your personal data we have. You can do this by sending us an email to our Data Protection Officer
- Right to object – you have the right to object and be removed from any direct marketing emails.
You can exercise any of the above by emailing us on email@example.com
Who can view your data?
The Customer Service team can view your account to assist with any queries you may have. They can only see your name, email address and course progress.